[Amps] Bias Zener Diodes In Parallel ?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Bias Zener Diodes In Parallel ?
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:54:29 -0700
Golly, how much bias voltage do you need?

When using zener devices for such an application, I always use 50W
stud-mount devices rated for several amperes of zener current.  Never had
one fail, yet.  For low-voltage apps, e.g., "zero bias" triodes that just
need a tad of bias to keep ZSAC in line, I've always used 3A rectifier
diodes, forward biased, in series.  Placing them in the air stream that
normally cools filament pins, etc, goes a long way towards keeping them
cool.

WB2WIK/6

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -
Mario Andretti