[Amps] questions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] questions
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 12:08:33 -0400
> do with the original subject. !! point in question here?? "How does
> heat affect the muffin fans ?

This has already been answered.

Temperature has a small effect on air volume because the density of a
free volume of gas is proportional to the absolute temperate, not the
fahrenheit or celsius scales we use. In other words, we use the scale
where absolute zero is perfectly cold.

A change from 70F to 150F barely changes density, it does not halve
it.

The real problem is the air from the PA section can be very hot, and
the materials in the fan are not likely rated for that heat.

The second problem is the **air system** is likely to make much
better use of the fans if the high volume low pressure fan pushes the
inlet of another fan (at some distance, so the air is not turbulent)
rather than pulls.

Every different construction fan or blower style behaves differently,
so you should really test the system or check with someone who has
tested the system with the fan you are going to use. Otherwise, you
can make things worse.

By the way, tubes will not have increased life from increased cooling
as long as the rated seal temperature is not exceeded. Excessive air
does not mean anything but more noise in our applications, it does
not mean the tube will last longer.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com