[Amps] Which 3-500Z

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Which 3-500Z
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:39:31 -0500
> When I had a 2KD5 many years ago, even its filament voltage was too high
> with the normal 240V operating primary tap.  What were they thinking?  (It
> was probably just about right for operating in VK with 265V line voltage...)

Prior to sometime in the 1980's, most amp manufacturers specified
transformer primary windings for 230 volts. This was the average
voltage found in a residence in those days. Now 240-246 volt mains
are the norm. (at least here in Texas) Old Henry's are not the only
amps that need checking. I have never checked an Alpha 77 series
amp that had the proper heater voltage when plugged into a 245 volt
line.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC