[Amps] Power ratings N/BNC/SO239?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Power ratings N/BNC/SO239?
From: 2@vc.net (Rich)
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 06:29:19 -0800
This depends on the mode and frequency.  SSB causes considerably less I^2
x R heating in conductors than RTTY.  For years, when jammed, I ran 14 on
40m with Type-N connectors, sans-grief.  By accident, I ran 6 to Type-BNC
on 160m - again, 'no-problema'.  With a DC hi-pot, either Typs N or BNC
break down at c. 4kV -- which @50-ohms is a whole bunch.
Type C  breaks down at over 5kV, and it has lower-R contacts than the
above.  It is bayonet-mount for easy on/off.

Type-UHF needs drain holes cut in the coax jacket to let rain water out.

For >15k out, Type-7/16 DIN is in.