[Amps] Power ratings N/BNC/SO239?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Power ratings N/BNC/SO239?
From: g8gsq@qsl.net (Steve Thompson)
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 16:01:01 +0000
On Sunday 10 November 2002 13:31, SM0EJR 'Joe' wrote:
> Hi folks!
>
> Anyone knowing the power handling capabilities for
> BNC
> UHF
For 30MHz, 40C, sea level the Suhner catalogue says:

N - 4kW

BNC - should be similar to N type as contacts are the same. No specific data
for BNC but for TNC the 1:1 SWR is about the same as N type. There's an extra
curve labelled 'limitation by electric strength' at 1800W/30MHz. I guess this
is infinite SWR.

C and UHF aren't in the catalogue, but there's something called a 4.1/9.5
type which has a centre contact of similar dimensions to a C type - it's
rated at 5.5kW/30MHz. In general, I think that current is the limiting
factor, so UHF should have a similar capability.

Hope that helps,

Steve