[Amps] Power ratings N/BNC/SO239?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Power ratings N/BNC/SO239?
From: i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 23:26:23 +0100

> Type-UHF needs drain holes cut in the coax jacket to let rain water out.
>
> For >15k out, Type-7/16 DIN is in.

...hmmm... if 15Kw is a CW signal, or a carrier, I wouldn't do that,
expecially if the cable is a small one. The 7-16 is typically a precision
1KW UHF TV connector, not exactly a big power one.
We use it on FM broadcast 88-108 up to 2.0 KW continuous service (the N is
rated 800W for similar applications) but I think it's current capability
won't increase much lowering the frequency to HF.
I'd rather use a standard 7/8" and with a 1-5/8 I'll sleep definitely
better.

73,
Mauri I4JMY