[Amps] 2, 3-400Z's on SIX? de VY1JA

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 2, 3-400Z's on SIX? de VY1JA
From: jallen at internorth.com (J. Allen)
Date: Mon Feb 17 23:22:17 2003
Hi, All,

I have been offered the opportunity to clean out a local's garage of amp
parts and good tubes.  Since I have the AL-80A, I was considering
construction of a six meter amp with a pair of  3-400Z's.

Most amps I see on six use small ceramic tubes.  I checked the
inter-electrode capacitance ratings and it looks like the 3-400Z's are
actually lower in capacitance than the 400 Watt ceramic triodes (8874).

Am I missing something here, or is it likely that I can build this amp with
some time in the books, or possibly by finding a design out there somewhere?

I have built HF amps before and been successful, but VHF techniques will be
new to me.

Thanks... Please respond directly to:
jallen@internorth.com

J.,