[Amps] Tank Coil replacement with Toroid Core coil

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Tank Coil replacement with Toroid Core coil
From: ko4nrbs at yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Tue Feb 25 19:15:01 2003
I have replaced the orginial bandswitch in my Swan
Mark 1 amplifier with a Radio Switch Model 86S.
Understandably this new bandswitch is much larger than
the orginial switch so there is little room for the
orginial 80 thru 10 meter tank coil.  I was thinking
about replacing the orginial tank coil with a new
Toroid Core type tank coil.  Is this feasible?  What
type core material should I use and how large should
the core be?  The Swan runs 2500vdc on the plate at
about 800ma max.  Use two 3-400Z tubes.
73,
Bill

=====