[Amps] TL922A and AL80A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] TL922A and AL80A
From: n3ji at yahoo.com (Joe Isabella)
Date: Wed Mar 19 09:50:51 2003
--- rlm <2@vc.net> wrote:

> >My question is what is the weak link that prevents operating CW at
> the
> >higher voltage and is there a mod to get around this?
>
> The mod:  A higher-speed temp-controlled DC-brushless cooling fan and
> Peter Dahl Hipersil® HV transformer.  The difference at the Rx-end
> would
> be about a quarter of one S-unit.

Since I run a '922, I have a question:  The "quarter S-unit" isn't my
concern.  But would the added cooling + heavy duty XFMR provide added
headroom?  In other words, I know it won't affect the signal strength
much, but would it be cleaner since it could handle higher peaks
instead of flat-topping & splattering (given the same drive level)?
Also, which Peter Dahl XFMR would work?  I looked at their website and
found nothing for the '922.

Thanks and BR,
Joe,
N3JI