[Amps] TL922A and AL80A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] TL922A and AL80A
From: n3ji at yahoo.com (Joe Isabella)
Date: Thu Mar 20 08:54:36 2003
Gents,
I was on 3880 kHz this morning and I paid close attention to all the
meters, and found this:  HV (under load) = 1900V, Ip = 450mA, 855W DC
Input, Ig ~125mA, RF output ~300W Carrier.  The PEP was probably about
1200W, but my Diamond SX-100 was showing somewhat less.  I ran it a bit
harder this morning due to static crashes + general noise & standard
75m QRM.  Looks like the quiet winter conditions are gone here in TX!!
All in all, I agree with your statement, Tom -- run it like it is and
enjoy it.  I've gotten good reports this way, so I guess I'll let her
rip.  Since I live in a typical suburban neighborhood with plenty of
neighbors, I try to keep the power as low as possible (isn't there some
kind of rule about that, anyway?!?  ;-)  ).

Thanks again & 73,
Joe,
N3JI