[Amps] Coax jumper

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Coax jumper
From: vic at rakefet.com (Vic Rosenthal)
Date: Thu Jun 12 07:46:20 2003
Jeff Stewart wrote:
 > Do I need RG-8 between my SB-200 and antenna tuner or will RG-58
 > handle it.  Also I will use a relay box between the solid state radio
 > and the amp to key it.  Does this need to be in a sheilded box since
 > it only carries keyong voltage?

RG58 will be fine, but make sure the connectors are installed properly
(this goes for any type of coax, of course).

As a matter of course I always recommend shielding control circuits and
using shielded cables to connect them.  Under some conditions of RF in
the shack you might have problems with RF upsetting the transceiver
control circuitry.

Vic K2VCO