[Amps] Coax jumper

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Coax jumper
From: RMcGraw at Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Fri Jun 13 08:31:46 2003
I seem to recall that RG-58 is rated at 600 watts at frequencies below 30
MHz.  This presumes a matched load i.e VSWR at 1:1 which is what should
exist between the amp and the tuner except during "tune up" which should be
done at reduced power..  I'd expect that RG-58 to be OK in as much as the
typical SB-200 will output about 500 to 600 watts.

My personal preference is RG-8 foam or RG-213 for the jumper between the amp
and the tuner.

73
Bob, K4TAX