Re: [Amps] SB220

To: R.Measures <r@somis.org>, <ka1xo@juno.com>,<zl2aaa@paradise.net.nz>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB220
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 08:15:14 -0500
At 04:57 AM 11/5/03 -0800, R.Measures wrote:
***  "This ship is unsinkable".   "This amplifier is unconditionally
stable".
--  Wait 'till Pete installs a  new pair of tubes.

Been there, done that, NOS Eimacs. No change. I agree with Rich that unconditionally stable is an overstatement -- I probably should have said "I've never made it oscillate, and I have tried."

I do think that initial build quality probably has a lot to do with people's experience with these amps -- a couple of cold solder joints in the wrong places could make a big difference.

73, Pete N4ZR The World HF Contest Station Database was updated October 29. 2469 stations are listed -- 29 new and over 100 updated. Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm