Re: [Amps] AC or DC better for indirectly heated cathodes?

To: "A.J Moss" <linear.amplifier@ntlworld.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AC or DC better for indirectly heated cathodes?
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 07:26:26 -0500
Keep in mind that most DC regulated supplies are not intended to be operated in the strong RF fields within an amplifier. RF could drive the DC supply bonkers. Check the supply in place with AC temporarily on the filaments to make sure it works OK when the amplifier is putting out full expected power.

73
Bill wa4lav