Re: [Amps] Really Big Solid State Power Amplifiers

To: "Steve Thompson" <g8gsq@qsl.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Really Big Solid State Power Amplifiers
From: "Dr. William J. Schmidt, II" <bill@wjschmidt.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:44:31 -0600
There is a very "cheap" solutions for the problem... not terribly elegant,
but it works great in my Harris 3230...  fuses and transorbs.  The FB fuses
solve the current spikes, and the transorbs (across the D-S of the mosfets)
catch the voltage spikes (basically short).

With that said... If someone wants to design the next round of amp
protection boards for SS devices.... I'd be willing to help!

Sincerely,

Dr. William J. Schmidt, II  K9HZ
Trustee of the North American QRO - Central Division Club - K9ZC

"Collector of Edison Wind-up Phonographs... Do you have one for me?"
Email: bill@wjschmidt.com
Alternate Email: wmschmidt@charter.net
WebPage: www.wjschmidt.com