Re: [Amps] Re: matching network

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Re: matching network
From: gdaught6@stanford.edu
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:26:11 -0800
On 27 Jan 2004 at 19:27, R.Measures wrote:

< snip >

> >Both grids need to be grounded to RF... but they don't *have* to be
> >both connected directly to chassis.
>
> **  which means?

I'm pretty sure Ian means that both grids need to be bypassed to
ground, if you're going to drive the cathode.

But I think Rich and Ian (and I) agree that doing a "grounded-grid"
amplifier using one of these tetrodes is a rather silly way to build
the amp, especially if it requires conversion from a grid-driven
configuration!  Use normal operating voltages on the screen (bypassed
to ground) and on the control grid (fed through an RFC) and drive the
control grid with a suitable non-inductive resistor as a non-reactive
load for the exciter.  Published examples abound!

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT