[Amps] Chimney Material

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Chimney Material
From: "craig" <craigs99@iprimus.com.au>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 12:16:24 +1100
Most chimney manufacturers use the 6mm Red Silicon rubber material. This
material is quite expensive. However, you can find the cheaper 3mm silicon
rubber material for far less. The 3mm silicon rubber material is a dull
clear like dried RTV. I simply glue it with any silicon RTV and add a 1 inch
band of the same 3mm silicon rubber at the top and bottom. This gives the
chimney the stability and rigidty required.   I will also add 3mm silicon
rubber is self supporting in any  tube chimney size  we likely to use.

Craig
VK3HE