Re: [Amps] Serious design stage

To: "Phil Clements" <philk5pc@tyler.net>,"Jim Isbell" <millenniumfalcon@cableone.net>,"Mail list Amplifiers" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Serious design stage
From: "AA6DX" <aa6dx@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 13:16:22 -0700
Hmmm .. just wonder why the large wire requirement, Phil?  We are not
connecting a restaurant size `lectric range here.  Assuming we are talking
AWG size wiring, the current carrying capabilities @ 230-240 VAC, single ~
is about:
#4 = 37,000 watts
#6 = 27,000 watts
#10= 13,800 watts
#16= 5,750 watts
(Approximately, safely ... your mileage may vary!)
Is that not correct?
73, Mark   AA6DX