Re: [Amps] 6146B vs 6146W

To: "Steven Cook" <sccook1@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 6146B vs 6146W
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 19:03:19 -0700

On May 16, 2004, at 12:28 AM, Steven Cook wrote:

I have been reading up on the 6146 and would like to know if the "W" version would be suitable for use in a TS-830S. I have read that the "W" version is rated for less plate dissipation -- is this because it is a ruggedized version and the ratings are "conservative," or does the "W" truly have less plate dissipation than the "B" version.

 The 6146W is rated at 25w dissipation, the 6146B/8298 is rated at 35w dissipation. If you are going tank-mobile, the W is clearly the better choice, especially when firing the tank's cannon.

cheers, Steve

Thanks in advance...

WG7K

Richard L. Measures, AG6K, 805.386.3734. www.somis.org