Re: [Amps] 6146B vs 6146W

To: Steven Cook <sccook1@cox.net>, Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 6146B vs 6146W
From: "Steven Grant, W4IIV" <stevengrant98@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 21:18:56 -0700 (PDT)
you may run the "W" if you wish
the 6146B had different capacitances from the 6146, and 6146A, so the B would
not work properly in older (and some newer) equiptment. it caused bad
parasitics.....in my opinion, this tube (the "B") should not have been called a
6146 at all...it is that different

if you choose to run the "W" (a rugged version of the 6146A) it should work ok
tho cause those tubes were much more stable...of course settings may be a tad
different

steven
Steven Cook <sccook1@cox.net> wrote:
I have been reading up on the 6146 and would like to know if the "W" version
would be suitable for use in a TS-830S. I have read that the "W" version is
rated for less plate dissipation -- is this because it is a ruggedized version
and the ratings are "conservative," or does the "W" truly have less plate
dissipation than the "B" version.

Thanks in advance...

WG7K