Re: [Amps] RE: 4CX250B Screen Supplies

To: "R.Measures" <r@somis.org>,"DEHAYS Dominique" <Dominique.DEHAYS@enac.fr>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RE: 4CX250B Screen Supplies
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:28:23 -0400
I disagree. In the two tone situation the screen current is fluctuating at the difference frequency of the two frequencies. And if you should chose the frequency difference to be the lowest audio frequency modulation used (300 Hz usually) you will take in account the bypass capacitance reactance. The IMD could be improved simply by having a very large AF bypass capacitor having a very low reactance at a few hundred Hz.
73
Bill wa4lav