Re: [Amps] RE: 4CX250B Screen Supplies

To: peter.chadwick@Zarlink.Com
Subject: Re: [Amps] RE: 4CX250B Screen Supplies
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 02:02:11 -0700

On Jul 29, 2004, at 1:40 AM, peter.chadwick@Zarlink.Com wrote:

Rich said:

With 30Hz or so tone spacing, it's going to
take an incredibly capable spectrum analyzer to separate and measure
the 3rd and 5th order products.

The HP141T will just about do it to 30dB down or so on the 10Hz RBW
position. Of course, it needs to be well warmed up, and takes a long time
on narrow sweep with the persistence up. No good for a sweep tube amp!

The newer HP ones are good, if you can afford them..........we have one
which turned in with all the bits and pieces at asound $70k.

But that's a reasonable price for an incredibly capable machine.

Because it's
menu driven, personally, I find it a horror to drive, preferring the older
8566/68 series with lots of dedicated buttons - once you got to know where
they were, that was very quick.

'the trouble with spectrum analysers is that they tell you so many things
that you'd rather not know'

Chortle.
 Cheers, Peter.

Richard L. Measures, AG6K, 805.386.3734. www.somis.org