RE: [Amps] 5 kw amps -- why?

To: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>, <jsb@digistar.com>
Subject: RE: [Amps] 5 kw amps -- why?
From: "George" <gclute@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:27:21 -0700
Yes Mike, we (TBTM) have provided Messr: Riley with the information in those
letters, however the same offenders continue to show up and spew filthy
language at the amateurs and the FCC daring them to take action.

I've only found one thing that shuts them up...4 element monoband yagi at 70
foot with a CW practice session.  They seem to like the high power CW, as
they get real quiet. If I had more power I'd use it on them.

Oh and for those that presume to think it is illegal, Riley told our group
that is it impossible to interfere with an illegal station.

I would like to see the FCC confiscate a $100,000 tractor and the illegal
equipment inside, and revoke the D.O.T license.  That might get some
attention, but an occasional letter. Nah, a sucker move.

One of our group K3FT (SK) last week.  I'll miss Chuck he was our liaison
with Messr Riley.  Chuck had served as an FCC enforcement officer at one
time, and he will be sorely missed.

Geo W7LFD

Mike Said:
"With regard to enforcement against intruders, I keep
seeing enforcement letters from Riley going out to commercial
invaders of amateur spectrum. It is not an avalanche, but at
least there is some activity in that direction".