Re: [Amps] High Temp silcone rubber sheet,was chimney material suggestio

To: Tomm Aldridge <KD7QAE@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] High Temp silcone rubber sheet,was chimney material suggestion GI35b
From: Tomm Aldridge <KD7QAE@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 16:02:56 +0000
Also, go to your local Target, Wal-Mart, etc cooking department and you will find Silicone baking sheets which are approx $10 / sq ft and fairly stiff so making a chimney should be easy. Other options from the same area of the store are Silicone cutting "boards" and Silicone trivits (hot pads). All of these will make respectable HV insulator material as well I would think.

Tomm Aldridge wrote:

I believe you can get it from McMaster-Carr online.

jeff millar wrote:

This question reminds me. Who supplies the red high temp (silicone?) rubber sheet used in chimneys on some of the commercial amps?

jeff, wa1hco

Manuel R. Alonso / KC4MNE wrote:

Hello

Could PVC pipe be used for a chimney? If not were could I find a suitable
material?

4" is perfect for the GI35b tube?

Thanks

KC4MNE