Re: [Amps] TL-922A - Loud Pop, Blown Fuses

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] TL-922A - Loud Pop, Blown Fuses
From: "Clay Curtiss W7CE" <w7ce@curtiss.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 18:03:18 -0800
Hi Rich,
I didn't remove the tubes, but I did remove the anode connection to both of
them for the quick HV test.  The fuses don't blow when the anodes aren't
connected.

I figured the sound wasn't inside the tube for the reason you mention.  Any
idea what could be causing the loud pop?  The first time I heard it, I
figured it was the spark gap on the T/R relay, but after thinking about it
that doesn't make sense since I wasn't transmitting and the amp was in
standby.

73,
Clay