Re[2]: [Amps] SB-220

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re[2]: [Amps] SB-220
From: "Dan" <dpipes@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 08:16:02 -0700
Richard,
I would think the inrush protection as on your site would no doubt be good
regardless just to calm everything down a little when the amp is switched on..
Even though the 811H HV is at 1700 volts  I have looked at the circuit on your
site and assume it would have to be changed a little on the Ameritron as the
Ameritron 811H does not have a relay  from transformer as noted. Unless i am
missing someting. Either way seems like the way to go. I looked at Ameritron's
external inrush device, but the problem I see with an external unit is the fact
that you must switch the amp on and off from the external unit not the amp
making it a little un-handy if say the evice is under a desk that the amp sits
on etc..
What about leaving it on..... his first question. I too come inhere early
morning and tend to switch on the radio to isten in ona couple of nets etc. i
might not actually go on air much during that time.But in result is it is on
much of day Is there a recomended time etc to follow as far as switching on the
amp I like having it ready to go .. but not sure how much life i take out of it
if i sits 80% on on time .. tnx
Dan
PS- if youhave a circuit design for a step start  that would wokr in the 811H
let me know