[Amps] 50 or 60 Hz, a problem?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 50 or 60 Hz, a problem?
From: n7ioh <n7ioh@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 08:36:14 -0700
I have a friend that lives in Cyprus and he is looking for an amp. I was just wondering, I have seen transformers that say 50Hz and some that say 60Hz and some that say 50/60Hz. I'm trying to help him find an amp and was wondering what difference there would be between the 50Hz and the 60Hz as far as operating them on a different Hz then what is stated on the equipment? I'm not sure what they use in Cyprus, I am waiting to here back from him on that.