Re: [Amps] Dentron MLA-2500

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dentron MLA-2500
From: "Radioal" <al.dolgosh@hamradio.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 09:19:48 -0500
Let me clarify my question - I intend to pull the entire RF deck out. I don't intend to build an amp around the obsolete 8875s already there. The 8875s will be spares for my exixting homebrew 6 meter amp.

The MLA-2500 cabinet and metering, with its compact heavy duty power supply, makes an excellent base upon which to house and power any similarly small amp design capable of a kW or so.

Does anyone have any pointers toward a reasonably efficient RF deck design for 2 meters that would fit in the space left (approx 8" x 14" x 5" high)? Triodes are not a must - a simple screen supply is an easy fit to handle tetrodes. There is already a wealth of information available on modifying the MLA-2500 in this manner for HF - i.e.; screen supplies, cooling modifications, etc. I also expect to replace the open RF relay with coaxial relays.

I just didn't want to reinvent the wheel if someone already has some 2 meter amp plans available that could be recommended for such a "conversion".

Hope this clarifies what I want to do.

Thanks again,

Al - K8EUR

----- Original Message ----- From: "Radioal" <al.dolgosh@hamradio.org>