Re: [Amps] Tetrodes in GG Configuration

To: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>,"Amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tetrodes in GG Configuration
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:24:27 -0500
Why not put in a 50 or 100 ohm RF cathode resistor(bypassed by RF choke) then you would have more negative feedback than grounded grid triode. You may waste 50 or 100 watts in the resistor. But would require Zero watts grid drive in AB1. Mind you even though the grounded grid triode has reduced distortion the grid current is still a serious source of nonlinearity. A biased tetrode such as 4CX250 or 4CX1000 etc would have practically no grid current changes during the full RF cycle and RF plate current would be the same as the RF cathode current.

I am sure something is wrong with the above. I am brain storming and getting a headache.

73
Bill wa4lav