Re: [Amps] Tetrodes in GG Configuration

To: "Amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tetrodes in GG Configuration
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:15:42 -0500
Colin,

I don't see how you figure this as running the screen and bias at the manufacturers rated voltage should make the IMD products show at their published specs for that tube. The way your saying, this aint so, says the tube manufacturers dont know what they're talking about. The manufacturers ran the tests to see if the IMD products were where they should be. That is if one builds the circuit with the values they give, and is operated within the range they give. If the tube in question had terrible IMD products where the tube was ran at its specified values, they wouldn't sell it as nobody would buy it. One might try to do other things to improve the IMD products from their published values however. This is what I'm saying, if they're ran at the manufacturers published specifications, the tube will produce IMD products within the range they publish which is deemed acceptable.

Will