Re: [Amps] High C out

To: amps1@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] High C out
From: Mike <k4gmh@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:48:01 -0500
Hello,

I seem to remember an article in Ham Radio from the 80's regarding an amp. using three 813s built by Bob, W4MB, where he did the calculation for the inductance that went from the plates to the blocking capacitor. He was interested in reducing the affect of the plate capacitance so he could tune 10 meters. As best I remember he was converting the parallel capacitance to an equivalent series capacitance and then inserting an equal inductive reactance at 30 MHz to compensate for the series capacitance.

Anybody remember the article?