RE: [Amps] High C out

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [Amps] High C out
From: "Chris" <rfcrazy@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:45:36 -0800
Thanks for all the info everyone.  The circuit is just strait Pi.  The C
tune cap backed all the way out unmeshed with minimum capacitance is
where it tuned the best. I removed the C tune vacuum cap and it worked
marvelous but still not optimum. I believe the min. on the cap was
around 15-20pf that I had now removed. The only problem is while it may
tune with just C out capacitance from the tube, I have no way of really
fine tuning now that the C1 is out of the picture.  Vic is correct in
that what I was trying to accomplish was an L-Pi. Instead of adding an
inductor from anode to C1, can't I just change the coil dia. and spacing
between C1 & C2 to accomplish the same thing? Or does it have to be in
an L-Pi configuration to cancel out some of the C out from the tube?

Chris