Re: [Amps] 10dB and propagation

To: K3BU@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 10dB and propagation
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 04:02:04 -0800

On Feb 7, 2005, at 5:53 PM, K3BU@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 2/7/2005 5:35:41 PM Eastern Standard Time, ka1xo@juno.com
writes:
Does this then mean that every transmission is
contributing to the heat-death of the universe?<<

Shhh, don't let envirowackos know about this, they would add it to "global
warming" and destruction from SUVs, and we will be sentenced to miliwatts.

I think as far as our human contribution to heating etc. is as much as one
fart in a huge stadium :-)
Just observe the amount of temperature changes between day and night and
seasonal. If uncle Sun wasn't there, we would all be popsicles long time ago.

Ionosphere is fascinating, way out there on the scale hard to model, so we
can mostly speculate, but it is always interesting to see some weird stuff going
on and have the "experts" 'splain it that it could not be so :-)

I rather see some curiosity to explore "weird" stuff, rather than
pontificating that it can't be.

Indeed, Yuri. In the early 1900s, when an Austrian patent office clerk and amateur physicist theorized that photons (which have zero-mass and travel at the speed of light) were bent by gravity-waves, many recognized experts said it can't be and laughed. Decades later, someone measured the time-interval of light from a more distant star passing behind a massive star and re-emerging. The photon / gravity-wave theory was correct.

Yuri, K3BU.us

Richard L. Measures, AG6K, 805.386.3734. www.somis.org