Re: [Amps] Quick 220 outlet?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Quick 220 outlet?
From: gdaught6@stanford.edu
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 10:44:41 -0800
On 9 Feb 2005 at 11:00, Harry wrote:

> I might be wrong again but I always understood that it's not the
> voltage but the current. I seem to remember in Physics 101 I was was
> told that the heart will go into v-fib at about .300 amps that would
> be less then 1/3 of an amp!

Well, it takes voltage to make current, right?  I always think of the
human body as a 10kOhm 2W resistor.  But if the current is directed
arm-to-arm across the chest (i.e. through the heart) even a small
current can cause big trouble.  A small shock applied at a
particularly inauspicious time in the heart's electrical cycle can
cause a deadly rhythm disturbance.

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT