[Amps] Cooling (GS35B)

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Cooling (GS35B)
From: Robert Thain <g0hgw@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:59:21 +0000 (GMT)
Thank you to everybody who replied.

We were working on the amp over the weekend and found
that the blower 'should' have been capable of
producing the flow but wasn't. So we borrowed a MUCH
bigger blower and found that we had exactly the same
flow rate !!!!
We found that in the anode compartment, in one half we
had air flowing and one the other NOTHING at all , no
matter how big the blower was. We were blowing from
the side. We did a simple test and blew straight in
from the base and this made a big difference.

We are pretty sure that the initial problem is due to
turbulence and we will work on some baffles or duct
the air.
Has anybody already had this problem, Been there done
that .....
Thanks again
Robert