Re: [Amps] Water cooled amp question

To: <craxd1@ezwv.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Water cooled amp question
From: "Mike Sawyer" <w3slk@uplink.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 08:56:50 -0500
>>It is also really poisonous.
 Yeah but poly-ethylene glycol is used in everything from shampoo to
food-stuffs. Read the label you will see it abbreviated as PEG. I believe
that it is not dangerous. On another note about water, I agree that DI water
is not to be used since it will scavenge all free ions from nearby
substances. Distilled water is the way to go. Speaking of 'distilled' why
not just use a coil of copper? Depending on your point of use, it is a
heat-exchanger in one condition and a condensation coil the other way. When
you get done using the amp, you can find another use for it. Now wasn't
there another thread around here about whiskey??;>)
Mike(y)
W3SLK