Re: [Amps] FW: RE: Liquid Cooling Systems

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] FW: RE: Liquid Cooling Systems
From: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 23:42:46 -0500
Will writes:

> Personally, I dont see anything wrong with the posts as they
> pertain directly to water cooled tubes. If some addative can
> be used to cool a tube better, this is an amp forum, and it
> should be discussed. This especially if the addative can
> prolong the life of a very expensive tube.

Neither do I see a problem.  Fact is, by this time next year
I expect to see a water cooled solid state amplifier available
at Dayton.  There should be some 120 - 200 volt transistors
available at a reasonable price per watt by then the problem
will be keeping them cool with a typical heatsink/fan.  A
water cooled substrate (copper block) with a small closed loop
system would make for a very nice package.

I hope we see some 1500 Watt (CW) output 100% duty cycle solid
state amps (4 transistors) at reasonable prices (competitive
with the Ameritron, TenTec, Commander, etc.) within the next
two or three years.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK