Re: [Amps] FW: RE: Liquid Cooling Systems

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] FW: RE: Liquid Cooling Systems
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:07:50 -0500
Rich,

I finally found Water Wetter on the manufacturers website last nite and read
about it. Keep in mind this company makes lubricants. It said that water wetter
reduces the surface tension of the water where it meets the hot surfaces and
reduces the size of any bubbles. This gives more area of contact for the water
to whatevers being cooled. Their tests showed about a 10 deg. F drop from 210
Deg. F using straight water if I recall the test correctly. They also explained
that running a 50%/50% water glycol mix cut the cooling ability by X2. This
water wetter dropped that mix 20 deg. F from 220 deg. F. My guess is that its
some sort of really thin oil or a synthetic which acts like a soap. You can mix
soap with bug spray when spraying plants to reduce surface tension and make the
bug spray stick to the plant.

Best,

Will