Re: [Amps] FW: RE: Liquid Cooling Systems

To: <garyschafer@comcast.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] FW: RE: Liquid Cooling Systems
From: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:52:03 -0500

Gary writes:

> While the "water wetter" may lower the overall coolant
> temperature they do not address what happens to the hot
> spots. They suggest raising the cooling system pressure.
> That tells you that the hot spots are still a problem.

To bring this back to water cooled tubes ... one can't raise
the pressure for two reasons.  The systems are generally
run unpressurized and there is still a limit to the safe
temperature for the seals.

Typically, water cooled tubes - at least those I used in
the TV transmitters want to stay below 180 degrees or so
at the anode outlet.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK