Re: [Amps] Hipersil, the myth and the truth. (Updated)

To: k7fm@teleport.com, craxd1@ezwv.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Hipersil, the myth and the truth. (Updated)
From: G3rzp@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 03:45:31 EDT

In a message dated 18/04/2005 19:51:00 GMT Standard Time, k7fm@teleport.com
writes:

I am not  convinced that military procurmenet decisions are always that
rational.

That is very true. However, all the transformer manufacturers (and we had a
lot of them) seemed to do a lot of C cored transformers, and one must asssume
that there was a sound logical technical reason somewhere. They also got
used a lot in the higher grade professional equipment.

Wisdom of the English military? What wisdom? Plus the Treasury of course -
from the early 1920s right up to 1936, military spending in the UK was on the
basis of there being no war for ten years! What I do find interesting these
days is that the military, here and in the US, have suddenly discovered  COTS -
Commercial Off The Shelf. Something new! Pity nobody has reminded them  about
the Hallicrafters HT4 amateur tx (AKA BC610) and the number of
Hallicrafters, National and Hammarlund amateur rx's supplied during WW2!

73

Peter G3RZP