[Amps] Signal Generators

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Signal Generators
From: "Will Matney" <craxd@engineer.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 02:03:34 -0500
All,

I was looking for some input on two signal generators I was looking at. One is
a HP 8640 and the other is a Wavetek 3000 and or 3001. I know the 3000 and 3001
does not have a built in frequency counter but has a dial in frequency
selection. The HP 8640 does have a built in freq counter up to 550 MHz. The
8640 I'm more interested in and looking at ones in good shape. I like either by
the simplicity of operation less any keypads. What I'd like to know is the good
and bad pints about the two? I'm leaning at the HP 8640 but the Wavetek 3000 or
3001 has a helluva decent used price. Any and all comments are welcome.

Best,

Will