Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 31, Issue 60

To: Dennis12Amplify@aol.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 31, Issue 60
From: Joe Isabella <n3ji@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 11:13:24 -0700 (PDT)
There is an event like this -- it's called "Vintage Field Day" and is around
the first weekend in June.  Of course, it's not a requirement to operate it,
and I have been busy the last few, but my Viking II, Meck T60, and Hammurland
HQ-170 are just waiting for that EMP!!  Bring it on!!

(Okay, maybe not -- I'll have to remember to drink one less Starbucks tomorrow
morning...)

:-)

Joe, N3JI

Dennis12Amplify@aol.com wrote:
<<<SNIP>>>
I believe that there should be a licensing requirement for all HAM
operators to possess at least one piece of EMP-PROOF communications gear in
good
working condition, and that there would be at least one day a year, (a contest
maybe), where they would all have to put them on the air and make sure they
were still in good working condition and to validate their emergency
communication networks.

Regards,

Dennis O.