Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 31, Issue 60

To: <craxd1@verizon.net>, <amps@contesting.com>,"Bill Fuqua" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 31, Issue 60
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 15:11:17 -0700
I worked with a fellow who I tried to discourage he and his son from using ham
gear on the 11 meter portion of the band.

They got caught red-handed, I was accused (I did not) of snitching him out to
the FCC.

To make a long story short, this fellow and his son called me on the phone one
day and asked me what a "show cause" order was.

I told them he and his offspring were in deep doo-doo.

The upshot of all of this was he and his son got off (lightly) by giving up
transceiver and associated equipment to Uncle Sam.

Yes, they had to appear in federal court, (Sacramento has one) both got the
crap scared out of them on this venture.

The above ex-scoundrels are residents of a nearby community, they both know
"right from wrong" after their frightening headbanger with the US gummint, the
FCC and the US marshal's service.

Reason they got busted they were into every conceivable electronic device known
to mankind.  Seems his entire neighborhood was screaming at them to stop their
radio shenanigans.

73,
Gary... wa6fgi