Re: [Amps] SB-220 Submerged

To: "Bill Smith" <ko4nrbs@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 Submerged
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 15:10:04 -0700
My suggestion is to take the tubs out and dry them off with dish soap and water.

Then take out the meters, put the amp in an already warm oven at the lowest
possible temp, this should be around 200 degrees or so.

Leave it there for a couple of hors and then turn the oven off and let the
gizmo cool.

Fwiw, this is the method that me and some of my friends used several years ago
when we were resurrecting old FM gear.

Maybe it was "strokes of luck," but we never had any problems crop up when the
radios had the power put to them for tuning and usage.

Check with some others if you wish, it does take some "intestinal fortitude" to
accomplish this the first time.

73,
Gary... wa6fgi