Re: [Amps] Alpha releases New Amp 9500

To: kdutson@sbcglobal.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha releases New Amp 9500
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:21:12 EDT

Hi Keith, you know how "thrifty" we are as a group; many of us are  still
using older computers. It is not so much that I can't afford to buy a new
computer as the old one is in place and still working well. If I have to  buy a
new
computer to use some new product then the perception is that the new  product
cost is $1000 higher to cover the new computer cost.

Price is important when selling to thrifty buyers; increasing the perceived
price $1000 or more is not helpful to meeting sales targets. Maybe they should
 just throw in a USB to serial adapter for free to fully cover the issue?

I have to say that I am not planning to buy one of the 9500 amps either as  I
don't yet deserve an amplifier of this caliber. My comments are more from a
marketing perspective than a potential user.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 9/16/2005 11:21:07 A.M. Central Standard Time,