Re: [Amps] Power cord to use when converting AL-80B to 240 volts?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Power cord to use when converting AL-80B to 240 volts?
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 15:58:30 -0400
Colin,

That's true as long as the cable is rated for 220 Vac, and you don't want to
add a ground with the neutral. To do it right, I'd want a three wire with
ground cord. Most 120 Vac cords only have three wires. To use a 120 Vac cord on
220, you'd have to use the ground wire for the neutral which most of the time
is a green wire. That is if you intend on using anything on the 120 Vac line.
Plus your using a white wire as a hot. The correct way is have a black and red
wire as hot, white as the neutral, and green to ground.

Best,

Will