Re: [Amps] Antenna traps

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Antenna traps
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:38:03 -0800
One advantage of a trap-less center-fed wire fed with ladder-line and a
balanced L network tuner is that if it turns out that a reactance arcs
or melts down, retrofitting a more capable L or C does not require
bringing down the antenna.  Another advantage is that such an antenna
is more resistant to icing and wind -- especially if the antenna itself
is made from braided phosphor-bronze wire and the mid point of the
ladder-line is tethered with braided dacron.

cheers, JB.