Re: [Amps] Antenna traps

To: "Gene Bigham" <jbigham2@kc.rr.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Antenna traps
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:05:09 -0800
At 02:16 PM 12/13/2005, Gene Bigham wrote:

>I know this is not about amplifiers, except for being able to use one on a
>trapped antenna, but has anyone found a set of traps for 40 and 80 that can
>handle a legal amplifier output?

I have a W9INN trap dipole which will handle the legal limit all day
long. INN is an SK now and I don't now if his antennas are still
being sold, but if you can find one you will be in business.

Or you might be able to make your own. The traps have no capacitors
and I believe they are self-resonant with their own distributed
capacitance. Someone correct me on this if I am mistaken. A few hours
spent tweaking a homebrew version with a grid dip meter could net you
a nearly indestructible antenna.

73, Bill W6WRT