Re: [Amps] Designing the Cleanest Linear with RF Negative Feedback

To: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Designing the Cleanest Linear with RF Negative Feedback
From: "Tom Cathey" <K1JJ@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 18:22:52 -0500
Hi Peter,

Yes, that's an interesting tube line up. I'm kinda leaning that way. That's
a great way to provide voltage for both the final's screen and driver's
plates. One regulated supply - I like it. Richard Measure's  FET reg supply
design wud work well there.  Looks like they are drawing some grid current
on the final. I wonder what the final IMD figure is on that lash up?

Colin suggested the 6550 tube as a  low level driver. It's got nice, clean
curves and they are avavilable cheap on the web.  So I can eliminate the
6146 unless I do the series 4CX-350's.

Gary / K4FMX, I don't have access to the old 1967 QST issues, but maybe
there is a accessible spot on the web?

73,
Tom, K1JJ