Re: [Amps] DIN stands for....?

To: <amps@contesting.com>, "Pete Smith" <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] DIN stands for....?
From: "Bill Turner" <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:19:10 -0800
On Saturday, February 25, 2006 4:51 AM [GMT+1=CET],
Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com> wrote:

> One more drawback of the Molex connectors that I've run into - if a
> wire comes adrift from its pin after the pin has been inserted in the
> plug body, I have been unable to find any way to reverse the process
> and get the pin back out to recrimp or resolder.  Annoying at best.
>
> 73, Pete N4ZR
There is an extraction tool for Molex pins. I have one here somewhere. It is
nothing more than a hollow cylinder which fits tightly over the pin and
compresses the little flanges (or whatever they are called) that retain the
pin. Works great.

73, Bill W6WRT